Applied anatomy for Yoga practitioners
With a better understanding of your body comes a new perspective of your asana practice. No one else can feel and hence adjust yourself better in a yoga-pose than you! Learn how muscles, bones and fascia restrict/enhance movement and shift your practice to a whole new level. David presents anatomy in an easy and fun way - always related to the yoga practice and loaded with practical exercises so you can feel and experience it for your self.
- Introduction to the overall dynamics and systems of the body: fascial network, muscular principles and functions, skeletal system and how it all applies to yoga.
Exploring the Leg
- The foot/ankle relationship to posture.
- The knee, one of the most complicated joints and why it’s so prone to injury.
- The hips as a powerful mover of the legs, a platform for the torso and why they’re so tight!
Psoas & Spine
- The pelvis as the foundation for seated postures
- The spine: understand how and why it functions and dysfunctions the way it does!
- The psoas-muscle: the single most important postural and structural muscle in our body.
Breath & Arms
- Breathing is a primary act of life. It links everything together in the practice and is our gateway to the subtle components of the practice!
- How do arms and the complex shoulders affect our practice?
David Keil is an experienced Ashtanga yoga teacher with deep knowledge of anatomy, kinesiology and bodywork. He has developed a fun and informal style of teaching yoga-anatomy to students and teachers all over the world. David shares techniques of practice that will help you to the next level. He was a long time direct student of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and an authorized teacher of this system. He is also a student and co-teacher with John Scott, a certified teacher of Ashtanga yoga in New Zealand. For More information about David and the workshop visit his website at www.YogAnatomy.com
Pls call 13911209563 / 010 85999566 to sign up, or email to us firstname.lastname@example.org
David Keil's website: